Juul Labs submitted a Premarket Tobacco Product Application (PMTA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its Next Generation Platform (NGP) device and mint-flavored pods that require user age verification.
The submission includes comprehensive science and evidence that the new mint-flavored pods, with 18 milligrams of nicotine per milliliter, will be used with Juul Labs’ next-generation device in July 2023, according to a statement from the company. PMTA and tobacco-flavored pods submitted to FDA.
Juul writes on its website: “Our next-generation ENDS (electronic nicotine delivery system) platform, initially launching in the UK in 2021 as ‘Juul2’, provides adult smokers with an enhanced vaping experience, leveraging a unique Pod ID authentication to address illegal products and incorporates age verification technology capabilities.” “This latest position paper advances our commitment to address two public health issues: prompting adult smokers to abandon the use of combustible cigarettes and restricting the use of combustible cigarettes to minors. Human exposure to vapor products.”
Each NGP-compatible menthol capsule contains a secure microchip that communicates age verification requirements to the NGP device prior to use. The NGP device itself can be further locked by the user at any time to prevent unauthorized use. In addition to limiting the number of devices that can be purchased, Juul Labs will also limit the number of new devices each age-verified user can activate and use the mint-flavored pods to further reduce the risk of social purchasing.
Juul also wrote: “Technological advancements enabling device-level age verification complement Juul Labs’ programmatic efforts since its 2019 relaunch to address underage use of its products.”
The next-generation platform can be used with mobile or web applications that support age verification technology, including device locking and real-time product information, as well as age-verified consumer insights.
Since the apps are already available in other markets, Juul Labs said it adheres to industry-leading data privacy protections in compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation. For example, NGP-compatible Juul mobile apps and web apps do not transmit any customer location data to Juul Labs; the location data needed to provide app functionality is stored locally on the customer’s smartphone or computer.
Likewise, the company doesn’t have access to consumers’ device usage (e.g., puff) information.
Device usage information required to provide the functionality of the application is stored either locally on the customer’s smartphone or computer or in an end-to-end encrypted backup of the customer’s choice.
In June 2022, the FDA rejected marketing authorization for the Juul system, which is currently on the market. Juul Labs challenged the order in court and its products remain on the U.S. market pending an administrative review.
Recently, Juul Labs submitted a premarket tobacco product application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its Next Generation Platform (NGP) device and mint-flavored pods. This move has drawn attention to the development of the vape industry. At the same time, we will focus on Veehoo vapes, an vape brand originating from the UK, and discuss its development strategies and advantages.
The development strategy and advantages of Veehoo vapes:
As a brand with ten years of vape factory experience, Veehoo vapes have emerged in the market with its unique design concept and a series of advantages.
- Emphasis on design concept: Veehoo vapes focus on design and user experience, and are committed to providing consumers with high-quality, fashionable vape products. The brand combines British design concepts with technology to bring users a unique appearance and high-quality use experience.
- Safety and Reliability: Veehoo vapes put product quality and user safety first. Through strict quality control and testing processes, the reliability and safety of products are ensured. Consumers can trust the product quality and performance of Veehoo vapes.
- Innovative technology: In order to meet user needs and provide a better user experience, Veehoo vapes continue to introduce innovative technologies. These technologies include a more efficient battery management system, improved taste adjustment and a smarter operating interface to provide a better taste experience and user-friendliness.
- Diversified product lines: Veehoo vapes provide a diverse product line to meet the needs and taste preferences of different consumers. From classic flavors to fruit, dessert and beverage flavors, consumers can choose the right flavor according to their preferences.
- Pay attention to health and environmental protection: Veehoo vapes pay attention to user health and environmental protection. The brand is committed to providing safer and more environmentally friendly alternatives to encourage smokers to switch to vapes and reduce their reliance on combustible cigarettes.
Juul Labs and its PMTA submission have drawn attention to the vape industry, while also reminding us to pay attention to other brands, such as Veehoo vapes. Veehoo vapes have emerged in the fiercely competitive market with their unique design concepts, safety and reliability, innovative technology, diversified product lines, focus on health and environmental protection, channel expansion and market promotion. As the vape industry continues to develop, consumers have more choices, and brands such as Veehoo vapes are committed to providing better products and experiences through continuous innovation and attention to user needs. Brands such as Veehoo vapes are promoting the development of the vape industry in different aspects, providing alternatives to smokers, while also paying attention to public health and the protection of minors.
Tags: Age verification vape products，What do you need for age verification on vape，Age verification vape products，veehoo vape